Scripts from OpenRefine
- Describe how OpenRefine generates JSON code.
- Demonstrate ability to export JSON code from OpenRefine.
- Save JSON code from an analysis.
- Apply saved JSON code to an analysis.
- Refine saves every change, every edit you make to the dataset in a file you can save on your machine.
- If you had 20 files to clean, and they all had the same type of errors, and all files had the same columns, you could save the script, open a new file to clean, paste in the script and run it. Voila, clean data.
- In the Undo / Redo section, click Extract, save the bits desired using the check boxes.
- Copy the code and paste it into a text editor. Save it as a .txt file.
To run these steps on a new dataset, import the new dataset into Refine, open the Extract / Apply section, paste in the .txt file, click Apply.
Previous: Working with OpenRefine Next: Saving and Exporting files and projects